- COMMON GROUNDS: With several locations in Dubai we decided to visit the one by the Beach as I wanted to explore the area. I had my daily açai bowl, avo toast and Alex tried the hot cakes. Not our favourite out of all we visited but definitely a nice option.
- THE GREY: A very modern coffee shop with a big focus on barrister coffee. They served my fav kind of Oatly latte and it was so good! Alex had a tornado egg which looked pretty cool and I tried the avo toast and açai bowl.
- SINGLE FIN / SURF CAFE BY LEEN: I remembered Single Fin from when we last visited Dubai end of 2019. As I love easy, authentic vibes I directly felt for this place which is part of a surf shop where mostly ex-pats come to crap surf equipment before hitting the waves (there’s a surf beach just around the corner). I loved the açai, vegan waffles and avo toast. Also, the oat latte was really good! The surf shop actually has a second coffee shop called ‚Surf Café by Leen‘s‘ so there are some options for the easy vibes!
- BRUNCH AND CAKE: A favourite from my last visit and definitely one of the best and most Instagrammable breakfasts in the world. I find it slightly overwhelming as the serving sizes are insane, but it all tastes amazing and there is so much love to the details! The açai bowl for example comes with cookies as a based and is topped with a vegan rocher and a magnum ice cream – that’s what I meant about serving sizes.;) Brunch & Cake has several locations and we went to the one at The Pointe.
- VIBE: Fun food and good vibes! We didn’t make it this time but I had some pics from when we visited 2019.
- PROJETO AÇAI: My favourite place to order – I always get it for the airplane, but I haven’t tried one of their venues. Il obsessed with the layered nut butter/chia / açai jars, the açai bowls and the vegan sweets! They even have a plant-based brownie as a topping – so good!
- FRIENDS AVENUE (Açai Tribe) Al Thanyah: One of my absolute favourites and my favourite açai bowl in Dubai! The venue has a chill outside space and I could choose from different granolas and nut butters and I was in açai bowl heaven! The food was also more affordable compared to other restaurants and Alex loved his waffle with ice cream!;) they also served a really good oat latte and pretty Matcha latte!
- % ARABICA: my favourite chain from Doha which is now all over Dubai! Not a fan of their new oat milk but nice barista-style coffee and I got some juices which were yumm!
I actually did quite a bit of research as Dubai is a foodie’s paradise and also had these on my list- maybe for next time!
On my list: Walnut Grove – Amongst Few – Tom & Serge – Dips – Bounty Beets – Boston Lane – Wild & The Moon – Leen‘s
- Amazonico: I was in awee of Amazonico! Based in the cool DIFC district where everything seems so happen at the moment. The food is mostly Peruvian but they also have amazing sushi. It was one of the best interiors and atmospheres I’ve ever seen in a restaurant – It literally took me to a different country for the night and I felt very inspired! We had the guacamole with plantain chips (the dream!), different plant-based sushi and sides and everything was really delicious! Makes me want to go to Amazonico London asap!!!
- Clap: My friend Karen took me to Clap in DIFC and I loved the restaurant! Fell outstanding Japanese food with skyline views! I had edamame, their signature salad, crispy shiitake salad, vegan sushi, fried rice with avocado tapas (the best thing ever!) and miso aubergine and everything was exceptional!!!
- Sushisamba: One of our best dinners was at Sushisamba Dubai – based on the 51st floor of the St. Regis hotel at The Palm with breathtaking Dubai skyline views! Everything we ordered was amazing – especially the vegan caesar salad served on little salad leaves and the miso aubergine!
RAFFLES THE PALM
- Matagi: An amazing Japanese restaurant at The Raffles The Palm! I had an avocado spinach salad, edamame, sushi and aubergine and it made me love Japanese food even more -my latest obsession!
- Piatti by the beach: One night we went for Italian food by the beach and it was such a lovely experience! The restaurant was Amalfi themed and the pizza from the pizza oven was amazing! They even prepared plant-based truffle spaghetti for me so I was in good heaven! Even the bread basket and my beetroot salad were outstanding! Everyone was super kind and we felt like being in Positano for a night!